Position: SQL Developer
The SQL Developer position has a three-tier formal reporting structure consisting of the Sales Operations Manager, Lauren Peterson; the CIO, Julian Garcia; and the President of WEI, Belisario Rosas.
The SQL Developer will develop MS-SQL queries and procedures, create custom reports, and modify ERP user forms to enhance organizational productivity. They are responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
The SQL Developer works in a support role serving as a resource to all WEI departments. The position requires a person who is detail oriented, hands-on, and a team player who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, and works in a collaborative manner on resolving issues.
- Development of high quality database solutions
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Research required data
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Suggest new queries
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting and resolution of issues
- Drive continuous improvement
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent years of experience as a SQL Developer or similar role
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- .Net and IIS experience preferable
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Position requires adaptability, resourcefulness, and flexibility
Relationships and Roles
Internal / External Cooperation:
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all departments
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Working conditions are normal for a sales environment. Employees are expected to work in the office when not on site at a customer location.
Work involves: sitting for prolonged periods; use of keyboard and phone for prolonged periods. Employees in this position must be available to respond to customer requirements as and when necessary.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com